I Think The Netherlands Is The Most Beautiful Country In The World And Here Are My 28 Pics To Prove It

The Netherlands is the most beautiful country in the world. And yes, I am from the Netherlands. It’s not often that people call their homeland the most beautiful in the world. For me, that was no different. I used to see pretty pictures of other beautiful countries around the world and was only seeing what my own country was lacking―beautiful mountains and high skyscrapers.

There was nothing spectacular about the Netherlands. And I’m sure many local people will think the same as me back then. But once I got into photography many years ago, that started to change.

More info: albertdros.com | Instagram | Facebook | flickr.com

Even before getting into photography at a professional level, I began being a tourist in my own country. I started opening my eyes and seeing beauty. Because it’s not about what you don’t have, it’s what you do have. And I discovered that my home country actually has a lot―Dutch nature is a lot more beautiful than I thought.

#2

Why The Netherlands Is The Most Beautiful Country In The World!

I love the old classic Dutch architectural style. This is a cheese factory in a touristic area called Zaanse Schans.

Maggie-beth Rees Rasor

Community Member points

posts
comments
upvotes

Unfollow

2 years ago

I cannot quite believe this is even REAL, and not photo-shopped! It’s brilliant. It looks like a painting by Thomas Kinkade, but MUCH MUCH more beautiful. It’s also as if the millers specially “set” the windmill blades, just so they would be in perfect position to be photographed! Dutch cheese factory, windmills, water, a bridge, and “that light”. Perfection. Kudos and thanks for this.

View more comments

#3

Why The Netherlands Is The Most Beautiful Country In The World!

Autumn is my favorite season. All the trees get their different colors and it’s just a feast for the eyes. In this photo, you see a swirling bike lane through the forest. You get this extreme perspective through photographing with a very long lens.

Jasmina Pavlovic

Community Member points

posts
comments
upvotes

Unfollow

2 years ago

The colours are so beautiful … 😍

And then there are the beautiful old cities. Not only Amsterdam, but we have dozens of medieval towns that are amazing to see and photograph. But we also have very modern architecture and futuristic cities like Rotterdam. We have beaches as far as the eye can see on the islands up north.

#5

Why The Netherlands Is The Most Beautiful Country In The World!

These days in winter are rare. This is the countryside completely frozen on a very cold winter day in 2018. All the trees turned white. These ‘heather’ areas in the Netherlands are beautiful throughout the seasons, but especially in August.

World Today

Community Member points

posts
comments
upvotes

Unfollow

2 years ago

I do concur with you. I call her heaven on earth. Aka garden of Eden.

We have the most beautiful forests one can imagine. We have, of course, the most amazing flowers (mostly tulips) in the world. And with the right weather and conditions, our foggy mornings are really like being in a fairytale!

As a professional landscape photographer, I have seen a lot of the world. And the more I traveled, the more I started to appreciate my home. Now, I’m always happy to be back and photograph here. I aim to capture the most amazing conditions that many locals rarely see: getting up occasionally at 5, 4, or even 3 AM to capture the morning fog is part of the “work.” It’s not really working, it’s my passion. And the pictures are the reward.

DISCLAIMER: Yes, the Netherlands has a lot of rain also and often has grey, “depressing” weather. All of these photos were taken in optimal weather conditions that don’t happen too often. What I am trying to say with this series is that any country is beautiful, including YOUR homeland. You just need to look at it differently, and most importantly, find the right weather, light, and conditions to make the most of it.

#10

Why The Netherlands Is The Most Beautiful Country In The World!

I also like to spend time at the coast photographing storms and waves. It’s very dynamic.

Becca Gizmo the Squirrel

Community Member points

posts
comments
upvotes

Unfollow

2 years ago

I would love to have a fairy tale type house near this coast. Have a roaring fire with hot chocolate in the winter during a storm. Give me a scary book and some vodka and I would never leave. Seriously this is my dream.

#16

Why The Netherlands Is The Most Beautiful Country In The World!

Once every few years everything freezes. Here’s the coastline, which is normally just sea, completely frozen with ice structures and textures. This particular morning, it was about -15°C. Very cold, but beautiful to be out. This photo was taken in a little town called Marken. They have their own lighthouse.

Lotte

Community Member points

posts
comments
upvotes

Unfollow

2 years ago

These pictures make me see my own country in a different way! i love it.

See Also on Bored Panda

#17

Why The Netherlands Is The Most Beautiful Country In The World!

Magic always happens n the Dutch countryside. A rainbow appeared here and I saw these cows standing in the field. I ran up to them from the other side of a little water stream and started waving at them to line them up under the rainbow. You can see them looking at me thinking, “What is this guy doing?”

Weim Central

Community Member points

posts
comments
upvotes

Unfollow

2 years ago

Lovely photo and lovely curious cows.

View more comments

#19

Why The Netherlands Is The Most Beautiful Country In The World!

Sometimes it all comes together. On this particular morning in 2016, the sky had incredible clouds and colors, with a thin layer of fog on the ground, and suddenly, out of nowhere, a shepherd with her sheep walked into my frame. I took this photo, had a chat with her, and later sent her the photo.

Joran Quinten

Community Member points

posts
comments
upvotes

Unfollow

2 years ago

Absolutely stunning

#24

Why The Netherlands Is The Most Beautiful Country In The World!

Sometimes, when it’s really dark, you can see the Milky Way. Granted, the Netherlands is one of the worst countries to see and photograph the Milky Way, but during dark nights with no moon and relatively low pollution, it’s still possible. On this particular night, there was a meteor storm happening.

MellonCollie

Community Member points

posts
comments
upvotes

Unfollow

2 years ago

Waar is dit? Veluwe? Drunense duinen?

View more comments

See Also on Bored Panda

Font: https://www.boredpanda.com/photography-beauty-of-the-netherlands-albert-dros/